Senior Accountant OR Supervisor – CPA Services
We are a unique and growing firm that prides ourselves on:
Work/Life Balance: Creating balance that’s effective for both you AND the firm. No one is asked to work extraordinary overtime, which is unusual in our industry!
Career Advancement: Opportunities result from our continued growth and success.
Competitive Compensation: We pay top dollar to our associates and recognize that good talent costs money.
Easily Accessible Location: Our offices are in the suburban Corporate Woods office complex in Overland Park.
A senior accountant or supervisor role at TPP is a dynamic opportunity if you enjoy public accounting and are interested in working directly with business owners. This opportunity, which requires and understanding of income tax and GAAP rules and regulations, will involve managing multiple client relationships and projects. Additionally, we are looking for someone who has a desire to train and develop the less experienced associates. The position will provide opportunities to work within our tax, accounting and CFO service areas.
Engagement Management and Client Service
- Manage day-to-day client relationships.
- Recognize, research and participate in resolution of engagement challenges.
- Communicate and anticipate deadlines and communicate status updates to engagement team.
- Manage engagement scope and budget issues and assist with client billing.
- Generate new ideas for our clients that save them time and money.
Growing the Practice
- Initiate new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients across multiple service areas.
- Actively participate in the proposal process for new clients.
- Identify and develop skills within a service area and a reputation in at least one industry.
Recruiting and Leading People
- Participate in recruiting and associate orientation programs.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to enhance the professional growth of staff.
- Provide leadership, maintain professional image, and be a role model.
- 2-5 years of public accounting experience in the tax area with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA license.
- History of leadership, initiative, and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Service attitude for providing timely responsiveness to clients’ needs, anticipate concerns and promptly develop and implement solutions.
Call Brent Blacklock at 913.323.9109 or email us HERE